Monday, June 2, 2014

Laura’s Review of Heated (Most Wanted, #2) by J. Kenner


If you have read and enjoyed Protecting You (The Boston Fitzpatricks, #1) by S. Donahue, Damaged (Damaged, #1) by H.M. Ward, and Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1) by M. Leighton then you will LOVE this book!

***ARC Generously provided by Net Galley***

Basic Summary

        I knew better than to risk my heart.  But fierce passion comes at a high price.

      I grew up believing in right and wrong, good and evil, black and white. I knew better than to trust. And then I met Tyler Sharp.

      Bold, charming, and dangerously sexy, Tyler always gets what he wants. But his smile can be deceiving, his dealings sordid, and his ambitions ruthless. I thought I was the one woman strong enough to resist him, but our need for each other was too urgent to deny.

       One look and I was in trouble. One touch and I was hooked. One night and I became his. And now that I've fallen, there’s no going back.


Buy Links
First Impressions
                
         So far I really like this book, it starts off right away putting you in the thick of it giving you the low down pretty quickly and setting up how this story will probably go.  You very quickly get a very hot sexy scene (thank you very much for that J. Kenner) which definitely lays the foundation down for what is to come between Tyler and Sloane which I thoroughly enjoyed.  But the book is a little repetitive at times and it’s kind of getting on my nerves.  That not to say that I’m not intrigued because trust me I AM.  I am reading this as a standalone which is fine, you don’t have to read in order of the series which I really appreciate when authors do that but its intriguing me just enough to want to read the first book in this series which I also enjoy because even though this is the second book I now want to finish this one and read the first one immediately.



What I Loved
             
   I love that this book just jumped right into the sexiness that is Tyler Sharpe and pretty quickly delivered a hot steamy sex scene that takes place in the backroom of a strip club.  How a book begins at a fancy engagement (filled with lots of hot foreplay) and ends up at the backroom of a strip you will just have to read to find out. 

      I absolutely love Tyler Sharpe and I was immediately intrigued with this man and couldn’t put this book down because I wanted more.  I loved that I just wanted to dissect who this man is, what makes him tick, what turns him on, and what doesn’t.  He just amazes me more and more as the book goes on and of course I am now fully in love with this man! 



Not So Much
                
          This book was very repetitive at times, there are so many times I could listen to Sloane explain why she’s listening to Tyler or why she’s following his commands.  We get it, you’re attracted to him on a chemical level and that has nothing to do with your job.  I didn’t need that explained me time and time again.  Also, and I can’t believe I’m going to say this, there was one sex scene that dragged on too long.  It really wasn’t an entire sex scene, most of it (which was the problem) was foreplay but it just went on way too long.  I paid attention took up over 10% of the book and I actually wanted it to just end already and move the story along.  It lost my interest at one point and I no longer cared what happened next. 



This Book Was
                
             Great!  I really enjoyed the premise, I appreciate that the female lead is very strong willed and has her shit together.  I like that Sloane can be stubborn when she needs to be but at the same time isn’t annoying about it and really just delays the inevitable.  I love how attracted she is to Tyler but absolutely hate it at the same time.

            I like that a bit of a mystery was wrapped up in this hot sexy love story because it added to the suspense of the story.  I just wanted Sloan and Tyler together so badly and I truly wasn’t sure for a long time how this story was going to end.  The book was a bit slow at times for me and repetitive at others but overall I really enjoyed this one.  J. Kenner blew me away with The Stark Trilogy and she has definitely done that again with this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment