Monday, December 8, 2014

Kari's 5 Star Review of Rock Chick (Book 1)






Childhood friends become lovers. Car bombs, kidnappings, and bullets fly. Would you take a Rock Chick any other way?  I wouldn't.  
The story starts off with Rosie, India "Indy" Savage's employee from the book/coffee store she owns called Fortnum's, having possession of some diamonds that some powerful men really really want back. Indy, being the kick-ass Rock Chick that she is, tries to help Rosie and help protect him.  Did I mention, her best friend's name is Ally Nightingale, sister to THE Liam "Lee" Nightingale who Indy has loved since babydom? Well, there you go. I have mentioned it now. So remember those names. 

Ally and Indy have been the terrible twosome for as long as anyone who knows them can remember. Ally is the yin to Indy's yang. Ally suggests that Indy take Rosie to Lee's condo, because Lee is out of town on a job. BTW, Lee is owner/Original Hot Guy/PI of Nightingale Investigations. Anyway, Ally assures Indy that Lee won’t be home, so they settle in for the night. Ally lied. Lee comes home, and finds Indy, which thus starts the Rock Chick-Hot Guy courtship as it can only be done by them. 

So along the ride, we meet many characters, including Lee and Ally’s other sibling Hank. I won’t name them all, but secondary characters in any Kristen Ashley books are crucial to the story and future books, so I always pay attention. There usually is a standout though. For me, Tex is my standout. He is a cat loving, adventure seeking, war vet. He booms a lot and is so funny. He makes me laugh so much that people around me think I have lost my mind.  It’s awesome! 

Throughout the story, there are ups and downs, but one thing is true throughout. Lee claims his woman, and does it immediately, with no-holds barred alpha dominance! There are many reasons that Lee claims Indy right away, but ultimately, its because he has loved her about as long as she has loved him. I would much rather you feel the feels as the story unfolds, and get the first-hand experience instead of spoiling it for you by telling you what happens.  Just know, there are sex scenes that will make your happy place tingle, hot alpha male speeches and dirty talk, and pure laugh out loud scenes. Did I mention, swoony romantic moments too? Hold on tight, its a freaking righteous ride! 





The next Rock Chick story is Jet and Eddie. Eddie is one of Lee's best friends. Keep your arms and legs still inside the ride..its not nearly over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment