Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Lauren's Review of Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward


Summary: You’re not supposed to want the one who torments you. When my stepbrother, Elec, came to live with us my senior year, I wasn’t prepared for how much of a jerk he’d be. I hated that he took it out on me because he didn’t want to be here. I hated that he brought girls from our high school back to his room. But what I hated the most was the unwanted way my body reacted to him.

At first, I thought all he had going for him were his rock-hard tattooed abs and chiseled face. Then, things started changing between us, and it all came to a head one night. Just as quickly as he’d come into my life, he was gone back to California. It had been years since I’d seen Elec. When tragedy struck our family, I’d have to face him again. And holy hell, the teenager who made me crazy was now a man that drove me insane. I had a feeling my heart was about to get broken again.


Rating: 4 Stars




Overall: I was hesitant to read this book but the high rating swayed my decision to pick it up and I am very glad I did. I am always leery of a book that deals with relationship between step siblings. Something about the idea of step-siblings hooking up, kind of grosses me out. I know they are not related but just the word brother/sister in a romance novel throws me off. However, I got over it quickly with this one. The beginning of the novel is so-so but it did pick up for me in Part Two. Some of the dialogue and actions in Part One seemed outrageous for two high school students. The banter back and forth between Elec and Greta was amusing and it was cute watching the two of them grow closer.






Part Two had all the good stuff though...the drama, the emotions, the sex!

"You want more? I was going to ask her to marry me tonight at her sister's wedding. I was supposed to be engaged right at this very moment, but instead, I'm in an elevator fighting the urge to back you up against this wall and fuck you so hard that I'll have to carry you back to your room." OHH man! That got me going!!

So I do suggest reading this book, if you can hang in there. It is an engaging storyline and the characters are captivating I especially liked around 90% in when we get to the real hot sexy scene!



No comments:

Post a Comment