Thursday, October 9, 2014

Laura’s Review of Reaper’s Stand (Reapers MC, #4) by Joanna Wylde




Synopsis
As Reapers Motorcycle Club president, Reese “Picnic” Hayes has given his entire life to the club. After losing his wife, he knew he’d never love another woman. And with two daughters to raise and a club to manage, that was just fine with him. These days, Reese keeps his relationships free and easy—he definitely doesn’t want to waste his time on a glorified cleaning lady like London Armstrong.

Too bad he’s completely obsessed with her.

Besides running her own business, London’s got her junkie cousin’s daughter to look after—a more reckless than average eighteen-year-old. Sure she’s attracted to the Reapers’ president, but she’s not stupid. Reese Hayes is a criminal and a thug. But when her young cousin gets caught up with a ruthless drug cartel, Reese might be the only man who can help her. Now London has to make the hardest decision of her life—how far will she go to save her family?


What I Loved
             First let’s start to with the prologue, because it left with me a huge WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!  After I finished this, I NEEDED to find out what the hell happened to get to this crazy point?!?!  That lead me on a roller coaster ride of anger, frustration, mortification, lust, love, desperation and many other emotions.  Once again Joanna Wylde has thrown me in the rough world of Motor Cycle Clubs, topped off with tons of drama and some really hot sex scenes. 
 
            I don’t think there is a thing I hate about London; I was her number one fan from the very beginning.  Hell I loved her from Devil’s Games and I couldn’t wait to find out more about her.  Once I began to learn more about her, I just fell in love with her more.  It’s so great to read books where the female leads have their shit together, are stubborn, strong, and independent.  London was all of those things and then some and I thank Joanna Wylde for creating a character like her.



Not So Much
                Since this is a five star review I obviously have very little negative things happen in this book.  I guess my only one huge complaint is that I wish there were more sex scenes.  There were some really great ones, but most of them were kind of glossed over and not in as much detail as I would’ve preferred.  I understand doing that for some scenes, but it happened a lot in this one and I wanted more Reese naked time!


This Book Was

                Freaking amazing!  I was very much anticipating this story in the series because we’ve gotten to know Reese “Picnic” from the very first book and my heart always went out to him because he had lost the love of his life.  It’s always been such a turn on seeing a big strong man fall head over heels in love with a woman, so when he loses that person it’s heart breaking to see that.  You always knew how much he loved Heather, this story gave such great closure to that heartache.  Also there was a great bonus scene at the end of this story that showed what life is like for these characters 9 years into the future, which totally left me wanting more!  I can’t wait to see what the next book will be like, I would love to read a Painter story, or find out more about Puck.  I absolutely love this series, and will follow Joanna Wylde anywhere she will go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment