Monday, October 6, 2014

Kari's 4 Star Review of Breathe With Me by Kristen Proby




Kari's 4 Star Review of Breathe With Me 
by Kristen Proby


Summary 

Sometimes you meet the right person at the wrong time… 

Mark Williams has loved Meredith since he was seventeen. A successful man with a strong family, he’s worked hard to move on from Meredith breaking his heart all those years ago. When his path crosses with the only woman he’s ever loved again years later, Mark knows there is nothing he won’t do to keep her in his life. But when the going gets tough, will Meredith stick around or will he lose her again? 

…But true love has a way of finding its way back. 

Meredith Summers is a dancer. One of the first things she learned in following her dreams is that timing is everything. She has spent the past ten years following her dream touring with mega-stars while trying to forget the high school sweetheart she left behind. Now she’s back in Seattle, running a successful dance studio with her best friend Jax and determined to move on from her gypsy past. Until the day she sees Mark Williams and time stands still. It’s as if no time has passed at all when Meredith finds herself in Mark’s arms again. The chemistry, the bonds and the love are as strong as ever and hearing Mark whisper breathe with me in her ear is a balm to her wounded soul. But will she grab onto this second chance at love, or is the timing all wrong for them again? 

“There were days that I would have exchanged a year of my life just to touch you one more time.” –Mark Williams 

What I loved:
This series has been one of my favorites. I always enjoy when a book can be read as a standalone, but have characters cross-over from the previous books and show up. This book did not disappoint. I also love second chance romances.

Mark, construction worker extraordinaire, has loved Meredith for as long as he can remember. They were high school sweethearts, but life got in the way as it usually tends to do and demons that Meredith carries with her take her away from Mark. 

Meredith, a dancer, has loved Mark for as long as she can remember and knowing she loses those she loves, she pushes Mark away and goes to NYC to be a dancer after high school. 

Years later, life happens again, but this time it brings them together again. Neither of them have loved anyone the way they have loved each other. Can they navigate through a relationship now that so much time has passed and they aren’t who they were in high school? 

What I didn’t Love:
Ok, this is nit-picking and I don’t usually nit-pick, but this book took me a while to get into.  At like 60% in I was asking myself, “Where is the do-I-or-don’t-I moments that I am accustomed to with Kristen Proby’s work?” It happened, just a bit later then usual.  All in all, that was really all I didn’t like about the story. 

Overall:

The next book in the series, Forever With Me, will be the last and I am sad to see this one end. I love the families and the dynamics they all bring to the table.  Ms. Proby took me into Mark and Meredith’s life and I loved every minute of it.  There were some LOL moments that I will never forget too.  Thanks you for this series and I hope the final installment hurries up!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment