Monday, August 18, 2014

Laura’s Review of Devil’s Game (Reapers MC, #3) by Joanna Wylde



If you have read and enjoyed Own the Wind (Chaos, #1) by Kristen Ashley, Storm (Storm MC, #1) by Nina Levine, and Hell’s Knights (The MC Sinners, #1) by Bella Jewel then you are going to LOVE this book!

Synopsis
              Liam “Hunter” Blake hates the Reapers MC. Born and raised a Devil’s Jack, he knows his duty. He’ll defend his club from their oldest enemies—the Reapers—using whatever weapons he can find. But why use force when the Reapers’ president has a daughter who’s alone and vulnerable? Hunter has wanted her from the minute he saw her, and now he has an excuse to take her.

            Em has lived her entire life in the shadow of the Reapers. Her overprotective father, Picnic, is the club’s president. The last time she had a boyfriend, Picnic shot him. Now the men in her life are far more interested in keeping her daddy happy than showing her a good time. Then she meets a handsome stranger—a man who isn't afraid to treat her like a real woman. One who isn't afraid of her father. His name is Liam, and he’s The One.

Or so she thinks. 

What I Loved
             I was very much anticipating this one, I couldn’t wait to find out what really happened between Liam/Hunter and Emmy that night in the house and I was very happy to finally get my answer! Emmy has very much been a background character in the past two books so it was so great for her to finally get her own story, and what a story it is!  I am totally addicted to motorcycle club fantasies and this book is a prime example of why.  There was definitely a healthy dose of drama, with some very steamy sexual chemistry mixed in, sprinkled with pure alpha male!  Even if you kind of hated Hunter from the last book, like me you still kind of loved him at the same time.  This book just enhances your feelings for him and everything you believed he was in Reaper’s Legacy really comes to light in this one and I am so grateful for that.   I absolutely adore Liam/Hunter and Em as a couple and it was so great to watch them fall in love and make a life for each other.
  


Not So Much
                This was another great book to add to this series!  Joanna Wylde has a way of creating this down and dirty outlaw world and makes it so appealing that I want to run and find myself a biker this very minute!  However this book was a little tamer than the other two, and even though Joanna explains why that is (because the characters are younger) but this book is part of a series and to me I wish it was just as raunchy and dramatic as the others.  Both characters have grown up in the life, so I expected their story to be up to the level that the first two books were.  I get why they weren’t and I totally respect that, but I do wish there was more drama and maybe a couple more sex scenes.


This Book Was…

                Freaking awesome!  Like I said before I love the world that Joanna Wylde has created and I just want more.  I am so excited that the next book deals with Picnic because literally as I was finishing this one up before I got to the epilogue; I said to myself “Picnic having his own story would be awesome.”  This book sort of overlaps Reaper’s Legacy in the beginning but is from different points of view this time around so it doesn’t bore you reading the same thing from before.  There is a lot that goes on, but it definitely isn’t as violent or as sexual as the previous books in this series.  The ending is just what you are looking for when it comes to Em and Hunter and I can’t wait to see their story continue on in the rest of the Reapers series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment