Thursday, January 9, 2014

Laura’s Review of Rock Chick Redemption (Rock Chick, #3) by Kristen Ashley


If you love Beck (Corps Security, #3) by Harper Sloan, Her Forbidden Hero (The Hero, #1) by Laura Kaye and Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James then you will LOVE this book!!


Basic Summary
    Roxie’s on the run form a bad boyfriend who will not catch the hint that it is o-v-e-r.  She’s in no mood for love at first sight, but when her eyes fall on Hank, its trouble from the get-go.  Roxie tries to hold Hank at arm’s length but Hank wants to be closer (as in, a lot closer).  Roxie’s trouble catches up with her and Hank wants to help but Roxie knows in her heart that she’s no good for a white hat guy.  The problem is no one agrees with her, especially her crazy hippie best friend Annette or her parents: the even crazier small-Indiana-town Herb and Trish.  Toss into the mix the gang from Rock Chick and Rock Chick Rescue and Roxie finds herself totally outnumbered.

                Climb in for another Rock Chick wild ride.  As the odds stack up against Roxie, she has no choice  but to hold on and just ride it out through the kidnappings, car chases, society parties, a riot at the strip club, Hank getting “Mom Bombed” and one crazy night at the Haunted House.

                During all this Hank works at convincing her she really wants to stay and he, along with the Hot Bunch, go all out to make her safe.  Hank also needs to work on showing Roxie that her past decisions don’t mean her future can’t include something as downright delicious doesn't mean her future can’t include something as downright delicious as…normal.


What I Love About This Book
                Yes!! Couldn't wait to get my hands on some Hank Nightingale, and I got exactly what I wanted from this book.  Right off the bat I really liked Roxie, I liked her personality, I liked her taste in clothes, and I liked her crazy.  I loved the ‘Burg connection on top of that, since I absolutely love Kristen Ashley’s ‘Burg series I thought this was awesome.  I loved how the girls in Fortnum’s right away gathered around Roxie and took her in as one of their own, as they are known to do. 

                There was a lot of touching moments in the book especially between Tex and Roxie and their strong connection the two have had ever since Roxie was 6 years old and Tex was in jail.  It was so great that not only did Roxie fall in love in this book; Tex got his family back as well.  When Roxie started making fun of Tex and Nancy being a couple I was cracking up, this book had me bursting so many times I can’t even keep track. 

                This book only made me fall in love with the bad boys hot bunch even more, give me more Vance and Luke any time of the day.  I got Mace’s back story in book 2 so now it was nice to get more Vance and Luke in this one.  There was definitely a really touching tearful moment between Vance and Roxy that just had me completely riveted the entire time.  Vance really came out as the hero at certain points, and it was nice to get some of his back story in this book. 


Cons
                 As much I like Roxie, I don’t completely love her and it’s because her constant I’m moving and breaking up with Hank was at a certain point a little too much.  After a while I just got tired of her relentless denial, I just wanted to scream in her face to shut up and accept it.  

                Plus I found her best friend Annette kind of annoying; she got on my nerves almost immediately after she walked onto the scene.  She was just too much of everything, and I know a lot of the characters in the books are hot headed, but her kind of temper just annoyed me rather than amuse me.  This is my second go around with this series, and I know she is in the other books, but it didn't really make me like her any more or any less. 

                Also I feel like this series like many Kristen Ashley books take the same plot cycle, especially in this book.  Girl comes onto the scene with drama following her, the bad boys hot bunch step up to protect her, while one of them falls for the girl.  Meanwhile the girl is in constant denial of this so much they break up for a couple days, but at the end she stops denying it and they ride off into the sunset together; until the next girl comes in again and it starts all over again.  This is the same in every book, I love these characters but damn mix it up a little!!!!


Overall
                I love Hank Nightingale, he’s awesome and he doesn't mess around, which was obvious after Roxie and his first date.  I like he claimed Roxie the minute she walked into Fortnum’s and that was that.  There were definitely some dramatic sequences in this book; one of them was when Roxie got kidnapped because that was more than a little scary.  You just prayed that someone would find her soon, and finally when she’s rescued your heart just goes out to her.  


This is how I always pictured Fortnums in downtown Denver

No comments:

Post a Comment