Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Laura’s Review of Take Me on (Ross Siblings, #4) by Cherrie Lynn


If you like Jagged by Kristen Ashley, Bad Things by R.K. Lilley, and Hard as it Gets by Laura Kaye then you will love this book!!!!


Basic Summary:  The consequences of a moment can last a lifetime.

                Gabriella Ross suffered every bride’s worst nightmare: a no-show groom.  Now summer stretches before her with nowhere to go but home, at least until it’s time to go back to medical school.

                Determined to prove she might be down but definitely not out, she chucks all her old plans in favor of having a good time—starting with giving herself a pair of wings.  Tattooed wings, that is, in the form of a phoenix on her back.

                When everyone else at Dermamania chickens out at the prospect of putting the gorgeous, perfect skin of the boss’s big sister under the needle, Ian Rhodes finds himself stepping up.  Then unexpectedly connecting with her through tears that have nothing to do with pain of getting inked.

                Attraction flares into one hot night that was supposed to stay that way—single, and secret.  But best laid plans have a way of getting blown out of the water.  Now two perfect strangers must plan for a very different future…beginning with whether there’s enough common ground to spend it together.




What I Love About This Book:  I cannot get enough of guys with Tattoos, and I can’t get enough of the Ross siblings!!! Brian Ross turned me on to not only tattooing but piercings as well and it continued on to Ghost and now to Ian.  I love Ian Rhodes, he’s awesome and totally what every man should be, because he’s upfront and honest and doesn’t act like a complete asshole when things don’t go his way.  He definitely encompasses to me what an actual man is not a little boy. 

                I really like Gabriella too as a main character, she definitely hit rock bottom in the beginning of this book and instead of being completely depressed and a shut in, she had started to grow strength from what was done to her.  There were a lot of great scenes with her and her brothers that had me cracking up while reading this book. 

                I love that we got to see Candace and Brian’s story continue in this book as well.  Brian Ross is probably my favorite out of the Ross siblings and I got totally sucked while reading his story.  So it was nice to see their relationship grow and blossom even if the story wasn’t from their point of view.  Especially at the end of the book when the entire family is together in one room because you can feel the love and support that this family has for one another.



Cons: I felt like this book skipped over a lot of details from the support characters.  I felt like this book could have probably been about two chapters longer than it was.  There practically no Ghost and Macy in this book at all, and the details of what is going on in Brian and Candace’s life are just kind of glossed over.  I get that this book wasn’t about them, but there were things that were going on in Brian and Candace’s life that could’ve added to Gabriella’s experiences.   Especially at the end of the book I felt like the details of what was going on with Ian and what he was doing with his future, and if Gabriella was still in med school or not were not discussed at all.  I would’ve like to have gotten a more rounded picture of their lives now and that didn’t happen at all, and because of that there wasn’t a real closure to their story that I was looking for. 

            
        Also there was no REAL roller coaster in this book, in every book you live for the struggles between the couples and broken hearts and the crying.  But there wasn't really any of that in this book, there were some sad moments but not huge miscommunication or fight between Ian and Gabriella.  With Ghost and Macy’s story there was so much back and forth between the two of them that you were sucked into their story and I didn't feel that with this story.  There should’ve been more flaws with these characters so that I had to suffer them being apart and heart broken, but I didn't really feel anything while reading about the rough patches in their relationship.



Overall:  I love reading books that involve guys with tattoos; since it’s a huge turn in real life for me it’s a huge turn on when reading a book.  I wish I would’ve gotten more details about Ian’s tattoos, it says he had full sleeves of tattoos but you never get any details about what they contain.  I wish the book had more ups and downs than it did as well, emotions are what make a story great and I didn’t have any real huge emotions while reading this book.  I did really like the character development of Gabriella and Ian, it was easy to get a sense of who these people are and why they are the way they are.  Ian was a little too good to be true though; I would’ve liked him to be more jaded than he was.  I love the Ross Siblings, and their interactions in this book really make you laugh because of how crazy they all can be.  It was great to see Evan and Kelsey’s story as well as Brian and Candace’s story continue on through this book, and I hope there are more in this series so I can see more of all these characters.  So far in this series I think I liked Ghost and Macy’s story the most out all the books, so I hope in the next one I get to see more of them and see their relationship develop more.  


No comments:

Post a Comment